Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central - Summer

What's summer without a ragtop?  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term 'ragtop' it's American slang for a convertible or a car with no roof on it.  Nick Nolte in '48 Hours' with Eddie Murphy was a big ragtop man, always had a convertible.  Heading down the highway with the wind blowing in your hair is the only way to travel.  It took a long time, but Tilda finally saved up enough to buy one and now it's parked outside under the tree waiting for her to get off work.

There are a lot of firsts for me in this card.  I rarely tear paper.  I don't know why, I just never have.  So, when I was trying to figure out how to do the background, I ran across this blue paper with clouds.  And the Mind's Eye paper was the perfect green.  My tree was cut out on the Cricut, the leaves were covered with Puffy Paint, dried, and then heated with my heat gun.  The little cranberry buttons were from my button drawer.  I plan to work on coloring the car, I don't think it's my best work but overall, I'm pleased with the way this card turned out.  You still have time to enter this challenge:  StampingScrappingChallenge Central.  Just remember to include a product from StampingScrapping.com in your post.
Paper:  Debbie Mumm, My Mind's Eye; Stamps: Magnolia Tilda's Car, Studio G Alphabet; Cricut Bloom Cartridge; Buttons: Stash; Marvy Uchida Puffy Velvet Olive Green; Copics:  BG72. BG75. BG78, C3, C5, N1, N2, N3

2 comments:

  1. hey can I borrow that rag top my queen? But you gotta come with it!!!
    Lovely lovely card!!!
    Your loyal Duchess of Gilli
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am somehow getting a bunch of emails thru stampingscramping's website and I am a blogger and I had to see everyone's work. I just love this card!!! I love all the others too by the way! I have been posting on their blog site only recently so am loving all the posts. TFS! Mimi :)

    ReplyDelete