Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cheers comes to CSI

I really didn't think that Ted Danson was going to work on CSI Las Vegas.  I was a big fan of cheers but never watched Becker except for the occasional commercial.  I wasn't a Ted Danson fan; I could take him or leave him.  I watched Cheers because I loved the chemistry the staff had.  Sometimes it just works that way.  Like Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.  Separately, I'm not crazy about either of them, but Pretty Woman has become one of my 10 all time favorite films.  If I were trapped on a desert island with electricity it would be one of the films I would take with me.  The scene that always comes to mind in Pretty Woman is the startled laugh she gives when he snaps the jewelery case shut after showing her the necklace he borrowed for her to wear to the opera.  Anyway, back to Ted Danson.  He's been a refreshing change from Laurence Fishburne.  His character is lighter, more whimsical and with a wonderfully dry sense of humor. 

My card today features Cherry Pip from Lili of the Valley.  I think she's lighter and more whimsical but don't really know about her sense of humor.  This is another practice with my pencils.  When my husband asked how I managed to find paper that perfectly matched my coloring, I told him I was just that talented.  But really, I found the paper first and set it next to my image so I could match my colors to it.  I'm just starting to get the hang of shadows with pencils but I'm still struggling with the hair, especially hair that has lots of open space.  I'm learning how to color on the sides of my points instead of on the points themselves.  Every image I color makes me more comfortable with the pencils.  Next up is to add pencils to my copic coloring.


Paper:  DCWV Nana's Kids; Stamp:  Sugar Nellie Cherry Pip; Prima Flowers; Martha Stewart Rose Leaf Punch; Magnolia Crystals; Spellbinder Labels 21; Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencils

Snippet 13: Excerpt from Housekeeping Monthly - 13 May 1955

The Good Wife's Guide:

"Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night.  Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day."

2 comments:

  1. Aw what a cute little girl love the shape you have her in too, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha...another CSI-LV fan. I agree...I wasn't too sure if Ted Danson was going to work but I really like him in the show.

    Really cute image. I need to get my pencils out and color more.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete