Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's beginning to feel like Christmas....

After a really glorious fall, cold weather has come to Central Illinois.  The sky is gray, the wind is from the north and cuts right through you.  I have to admit, I wasn't ready although we've finished the outdoor chores.  We've scooped the leaves out of the pond, put our tropical pond plants in a tub in the bay window, brought in 2 of our 3 rain barrels (the 3rd stays up to replenish our indoor plant's water on those warm days that melt the ice in our black barrel), covered the furniture in the gazebo, raked most of the leaves and burned them, cleaned out the gutters, emptied and turned over the bird baths, dug up and stored next year's canna bulbs, moved the bird feeders from the south side of the yard to the north side where I can see them when I craft, cleaned out all the birdhouses for winter use, purchased straw for mulch for next year (there seems to be a shortage of straw in March when we need it), put the heated bird bath by the front window where the cat can enjoy the show, brought in all the outdoor plants that will winter in the bay window, filled up 40 gallons of water from the rain barrels to store in the garage (we thaw as necessary), cleaned out the garage and moved the cars in, and stocked up on bird feed.  Whew!  We're actually ready for a rest now.

On to my card.  I've been working on Christmas cards for a week now.  I mass produce about thirty of them, simple designs and easy to finish.  But I have about twelve recipients that I send special cards to.  This is one.  If you've kept up with my blog, you will see that I'm not big on mixed papers.  I don't know why, I guess I just don't have the eye for it like my buddy Sheri.  I've found if I keep to the same pad, some designer has already done the matching for me.  This card was created using My Mind's Eye paper.  Each printed pattern came from the same Sweet Dreams Holiday Avenue pad.  I also don't use flowers much, but I'm crazy about this new Spellbinder Layered Poinsettia die.  It contains 4 layers of flower petals and one leaf die.  I filled the inside of the flower with a little Glossy Accents and a bunch of teeny tiny yellow gems shaped like ovals.


Paper:  My Mind's Eye Sweet Dreams Holiday Avenue; Stamps: Magnolia Edwin on Christmas Eve, Whimsy Holiday Ticket Sentiments; Cricut Elegant Edges Cartridge; Spellbinder Layered Poinsettia Die set; Copics: [skin E00, E000, E51, E11, E93][Hair Y11, Y19][Clothes R89, R39, R37][Package E11, E13, E15][Apples R24, R27, YG07][Mittens W00, W1][Basket E35, E37][Shoes E57, E55, E59][Shadow N0, N1]


Snippet 15: Excerpt from Housekeeping Monthly - 13 May 1955

The Good Wife's Guide:

"Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.  Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice."

5 comments:

  1. I love this!! The coloring....the paper...everything, it's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cindy, I like the colours and the fab papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable! love the color on Edwin!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a cutie edwin, this is lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! I like coordinates of paper too! Love that die cut...will have to check that out ....I feel another trip to hobby lobby in my near future!
    With all the preparations for hunkering down for the winter how did you manage time to make this cutie!

    ReplyDelete