Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day my Love....

Over the years I've given my hubs many Valentine's Day cards but I do believe this might be the best.  I have the whole Tiddly Inks Wryn series cuz she's just too cute to resist, is easily and quickly colored and always looks her best.  She's been colored with Copics and I used my Prismacolor pencils for shading.  I find they work well together.  The Sizzix Small Easel has been added to the back so this card stands up.

Like many of you I've been trying to find my coloring muse.  I've been coloring since I was a wee child, I have always loved it but I've never excelled at it.  I've tried colored pencils, watercolors, Distress Inks, chalks, Copics, watercolor markers and a combination of all of them at one time.  I keep thinking if I can just find that medium that I'm really comfortable with, my coloring skills will soar and I'll color as well as Zoe of Make it Crafty (oh, to make pleats like hers) or June Nelson who colors Saturated Canary images the way I want to.  But, I'm youngish yet.  Time to learn.  I'm sure, as I've heard, it is just a matter of practice, practice, practice.  And I will keep plugging at it because I love it.

Another product I took away from the Owl and Pussycat in Florida is my Uni-ball Signo Broad Pigment Pen which is what I used for the highlights on Wryn's dress and shoes.  I have several white pens in my stash but none work this well.  It doesn't skip, it shows up beautifully on dark colors and is a joy to write with.


Paper: Recollections Femme Fatale, Bazzill;
Tiddly Inks Wryn 'Grow a Little Love';
PaperTrey Half & Half Die;
Cuttlebug Script Embossing Folder;
Spellbinder Classic Ovals Large;
F.C. Prismacolor Pencils; Stickles Thistle;
Stick Pin & Charm - Stash;
Sizzix Small Easel
Uni-ball Signo Broad Pigment Ink UM-153 White Pen

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely and thanks for sharing the copic colours I always forget to do that xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!

    I love coloring with my Copics. I'm printing out a bunch of images now so I have a stack to color.

    ReplyDelete