Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another challenge

Addicting, aren't they? I was saddened to hear that Regina Easter has stepped down from hosting Bitten By The Bug, but thrilled that someone has stepped up the plate to host Bitten By The Bug 2 (BBTB2). Although I never entered any of her challenges, I drew inspiration from all the wonderful crafters who did. Sorry this is so late, Regina, but better late than never. This challenge was to create a Valentine's Day project using any Cricut Cartridge and add purple to the project. I recently received the Heritage cartridge and, belonging to Stamping Scrapping's Magnolia Design Team, I am always looking for accessories for my Maggies. This vintage sofa is perfect. It's cut at 3" on the dial. I use the design software to manipulate sizes but in this case it wasn't necessary. The stamps are Magnolia and Cindy Echtinaw, Copics used were E00, E11, R02, V04, B41, B45, E31, E33, E25, E27, E29, V15, the balloon was painted with Tulip Metallics and sprinkled with Martha Stewart Cinnabar glitter. At risk of being tarred and feathered, I'm not a Martha devotee, but her glitter and punches rock. The paper has been in my stash since 3 B.C. (just kidding, I'm really not that old), the floor was cuttlebugged. The sofa has stickers by EK Success on it.

8 comments:

  1. this is very very cute. I love all the purple and it is wonderfully designed. Thanks for playing along with our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww this is precious. i love all the purple!
    3 b.c. too funny! glad you joined us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is as cute as can be! Love Tilda on the couch and all of the pretty PURPLE!!!! Good luck in the contest and thanks for joining in at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet to give Tilda her own very lovely purple sofa. Thanks for adding your creation to our contest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooo, I love this! I didn't even know the Heritage cart was out yet. Lucky girl! Love Tilda on the couch, this is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete