Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Far away friends...

Two of my bestest friends in the whole world live in Bozeman, Montana. I met Lowell when he joined my division at work in the early 80s. We became closer after he had an MS relapse. When he and Marcia retired to Missoula, Montana, I was lucky enough to be able to visit. They took me to see my first mountains at Glacier National Park. I hadn't done much traveling before and was awed by the scenery. When they moved to Bozeman to be closer to family, my husband and I also visited there. They drove down to Yellowstone to attend our wedding in 2004, bringing the wedding cake which looked like a pond with a frog bride and groom on it. My husband and I have had many good visits to Montana since we've been together, though unfortunately not lately. Due to family illness, we've not been out west in several years. This year, hopefully, we will once again make the trek, following the yellow brick road to the promised land - Yellowstone. We'll drive up to Bozeman and visit where we will be warmly welcomed as family. I miss them. I miss Marcia's ability to make you seem like you're the most important person in the world. I miss Lowell's teasing. I am so looking forward to being in Big Sky Country again. I don't know if they read my blog or not. If they do, this card is on its way to them.

1 comment:

  1. Simply adorable and yes I do use quite a few of my die cuts with my cards and my scrapbooks and it is so much fun to see how well they incorporate into to them... there are so many uses for them.. They do go had in hand and your use of the phone and Tilda is so perfect for the story you wanted to tell.. good luck and I pray that you and your husband make it to Yellowstone this year and have a GREAT visit!!

    ReplyDelete