Monday, August 9, 2010

In the good ole' summertime

I did this card for Kenny K's Kraft Girlz In the Summertime Challenge. I think the clothes qualify for summer even though girls are wearing next to nothing all year around now. Another stamp designer that I've fallen in love with is Kenny K. He runs the gamut from cute to goth and in-between. I have four grandchildren, two boys and two girls and, although the youngest probably won't be excited about these images, the other three will be. In fact, I will grab one of the goth girls for my oldest grandson's birthday in December. I really like the way the coloring came out in this image, but hate the way the scanner picked up the acrylic block on the right. It says "I love being a girl". I tried to take a picture of it, but the acrylic keeps reflecting light and the fact that I put shiny silver cardstock under it didn't help. But I am very pleased with the coloring. I've been taking an on-line Copic coloring class and I must say, it has improved my blending skills and taught me some new tricks. The background was both "dotted" and sprayed with my airbrush. I also reversed the image so the spray can was on the other side - this was done by checking the mirror image in my printer's settings. I'm going straight back to my craft table and color another of these images (I just bought 3 to start because I wasn't sure I could do them justice). I would love to hear your comments, have you colored Kenny K's ladies? Do you love them?
Metallic Rub-on; Copics: [Skin R20, E00, E000, G05, R83, N0, BG0000][Clothes - Top BG02, BG07, Pants T1, T3, T4][Hair RV00, RV02, RV04][Can N5, N2, BG07, BG02][Shoes E35, YR16, YR14, E97, YR01, E55, E99, 0][Outline BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG02, 0] Rhinestones were from my stash.

3 comments:

  1. very cool card Cindy!
    love the idea of pink hair.. different and just perfect for the girl's style on the image!!
    well done!!
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! Your online Copic class is really paying off because your coloring is top-notch! Love that dotty background and now you have me contemplating an airbrush ;D You have more than done this image justice. Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challege ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning creation and your Copic classes are paying off. Wonderfully coloured. Thanks for joining in the fun at Kenny K's this week. Sharon

    ReplyDelete