Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SSCC #4 - Paper Piecing

So, I'm sitting reading my e-mail Monday morning, checking the new blogs I follow and much to my surprise, I have a challenge card due for Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central in TWO days... Normally, I'm much more on top of things, it comes from being an administrative assistant for so many years. I have calendars, lists, white boards, and automatic reminders and I forgot this card. Luckily for me, I had a card on the drawing board. The image was stamped and cut out, the background and card base were put together so I just restamped the image on two pieces of patterned paper. I cut the overalls out of one and the parts of the blouse out of the other. I colored my original image's skin, hair and shoes and then I pasted the pieces I had cut out over the appropriate parts of the image. The flower is from a set of dies from PaperTrey, layered with a Stampin' Up sentiment that was touched with Red Spica. The tiny flowers on the umbrella are from my stash. When I ordered them back in the day, they looked a lot larger on the computer so I seldom use them, but they worked well here. All in all, for last minute, I'm pleased with this card.
Paper: Making Memories Cheeky; Stamp: Magnolia Tilda with Umbrella, Sentiment: Stampin' Up; Martha Stewart Border Punch; Papertrey Flower; Copics: [Skin R20, E00, E000][Umbrella E30, E31, E33][Shoes Y26, E43][Hair Y23, YR23, E35][Ruffle RV29]; Spica: Red, Buttermilk, Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment