Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reduce, reuse, recycle...

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - I found a really inexpensive way to organize my ribbon. I've seen lots of different systems but they all cost more money than I'm willing to invest. I have a large closet in my craft room and have nothing hanging on the bar. The last time I was at Dollar General, I picked up 12 plastic clothes hangers for a dollar. With a pair of wire cutters, I cut them on one side about four inches down from the join under the hook. I threaded my spools of ribbon according to color onto the hanger, taped the cut with Duck Tape (it's like the force, it has a light side, a dark side and holds the universe together) and hung it in my closet. It cost me next to nothing and that bar in the closet was just going to waste.

1 comment:

  1. would love to see pictures of how you have now stored your ribbon, sounds like a great idea. I have dowel sticks attached to one wall of my studio, but find that they get a bit dusty
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete