Sunday, January 9, 2011

A movie review...

My husband and I have a Netflix account; he really enjoys streaming war movies. Our movie collection contains at least one movie on every war that was ever fought. We have the Civil War, WWI and WWII, the Korean War, all the wars that John Wayne fought in, we even have 300 which is the story of the Battle of Thermopylae (truth be told, I enjoyed this one - did you ever see so many hunky men in one movie?) I, on the other hand, like all the seasons of Monk, The Rockford Files, and quirky little movies that I never would have seen if I weren't browsing the Netflix Instant Watch list. My newest find was a little gem called "Bottle Shock" with Alan Rickman, Bill Pullman, and Dennis Farina. It's the story of the Napa Valley we know today with wonderful B&Bs and wine tasting. I never realized that the Napa Valley wasn't always a destination. But, you watch the movie. Then, come back and tell me how you liked it. I'm willing to watch 100 so so films just to find you that one little jewel that you will talk about for days. Just ask Ruthann. I practically forced her to watch it in the middle of our "Life of Mammals" with Sir David Attenborough. Now she wants to watch it again. That's the power of a good film - it stays with you - like biscuits and gravy.

I wonder: Yesterday I saw an advertisement for the best knife ever created. It was a ceramic knife that could cut a flagpole in half and still gently cut hot bread - never needs sharpening - ever. Wow! It normally sold for $200.00 but just because they love me, it was $19.99. In fact, they love me so much, they were going to send me two of them for the same price, just add separate shipping and handling. What a deal. What I wonder is: who are these people and why do they like me so much that they're willing to lose $380.00 to send me the 2 of the best knives in the world? Is anybody else suspicious? Am I the only one?

3 comments:

  1. He is going to love this card, It made me smile, brilliant image coloured perfectly.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute Cindy.. I am sure your hubby will going to love it :).
    I found you on Feline blog.. Sorry about the late visit :). I am a new follower to your blog.
    Hugs, Neeti

    ReplyDelete