Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm late....I'm late....

After 30 years of working I've collected a lot of funny things that people passed back and forth. I'm going to share some of the funniest with you at the bottom of my posts. I discovered a copy of a 1955 article from Housekeeping Monthly entitled "The Good Wife's Guide". As the days go by, I will educate you on how to become the perfect housewife. Please share any thoughts you might have as you read through them.

I'm ashamed to say that I missed the birthday of a really special friend.  We were out of town and I didn't check my calendar far enough in the future.  This is the card I created for her.  The paper is from the DCWV Old World Stack and was stamped with a Recollections pocket watch.  The rabbit is Mo Manning's white rabbit on top of Tim Holtz's Weather Clock Die Cut touched up with a gold metallic rub-on.  The copics I used were:  C0, C3, RV00, BV11, BV000, BV13, BV01, Y19, Y35, Y02 and a touch of Spica Gold.  I thought it turned out very well.  The inside was stamped with a JustRite alphabet set and says, "I'm late....I'm late....

If you haven't checked out Mo's images yet, you are in for a real treat.  Her digital images will touch your heart.

Snippet:  Excerpt from Housekeeping Monthly - 13 May 1955

The Good Wife's Guide:

"Have dinner ready.  Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return.  This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs.  Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed."

2 comments:

  1. this is so cute! I know the feeling of being late. All to often. Hugs to you! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not in my house/condo. Wnen it's the end of the day, we both enjoy a cocktail/wine/beer and then depending on the menu, one of us cooks. This system works. But I do enjoy reading these "tips". You must read into this comment that we are both retired. And back when we were both working full time, there were some shared responsiblilities when it came to meal time.---I got the weekdays, he got the weekend.
    Now it's more 50/50.

    Jack from Naples

    ReplyDelete