Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 .... and beyond

I'm planning to make some changes to my blog in 2012.  For the past several years, it's been unstructured so I'm going to add some structure to it.  I plan on scheduling posts as follows:

1st Week of the Month (1st - 7th):  Birthday and Baby Cards
2nd Week of the Month (8th - 14th):  Get Well and Sympathy Cards
3rd Week of the Month (15th - 21st):  Thank You, Generic Cards, Holiday
4th Week of the Month (21st +):  Free Digitals

This will give me a chance to stock up on the cards I need the most.  These also seem to be the best sellers at the craft fairs I attend.  I will also try to enter more challenges in 2012, use more of the supplies I have stockpiled, donate more unused supplies, try more techniques and card types, and hold down my spending (I know suppliers don't like to hear that).  I plan to practice more with my Copics and Polychromos, keep my desk cleaner, finally unpack my Silhouette Cameo, use my Cricut more often, pay more attention to Zoe's coloring instructions at Make It Crafty and keep my house cleaner.  And, last of all, I plan to hug my family more often and tell them how much I love and appreciate them.

Since we were on vacation and just returned, I won't have many cards this week.  When I color this image again I will add a shadow and ground it.  I think every image you color adds to your coloring knowledge.  I've never made a perfect card (I've come close, lol) and that's a goal.  One card that everyone who looks at it has their breath catch in their throat.  You've seen cards like that, right?  So, in the birthday category, I offer Cake, Glorious Cake.  In using my stockpiled supplies, the Hero Arts banner stamps have never been opened; they were popped up with foam.  I've colored my image with Copics and added shading with my polys.  So, I ask you?  Does it need anything else?  If you were creating this card would you add flowers?  Ribbon?  I tend to be a minimalist; I'm always thinking more is less, although when I see cards that have lots of embellishments, I am also envious that someone knows how to make them look great.

I will try to get one more post this week.  I am up to my waist in laundry but will try to post a baby card before Monday.

Paper:  Basic Grey Sweet Threads, Recollections; Stamps: LOTV Cake Glorious Cake, Hero Arts; Spellbinder S4-307 Reverse Wonky Rectangles; Smooch Illuminate; Spica Peach, Pink, Clear; Recollections Rhinestones; F-C Polychromos; Copics: [Skin E000, E00, E93][Hair Y00, Y000][Cake R21, R22, R20, G94, Y17, Y04][Clothes YR61, 0, YR00][Shoes E02, E21][Wings V000]

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...that cake sure looks great! Beautiful card Cindy!! : )

    ReplyDelete