I'm pretty stoked about this card. I've had my Cameo for years now but rarely use it for paper, I mostly cut vinyl with it. Somewhere I managed to get it into my mind that these kinds of die cuts look childish, flat, one dimensional. I realized yesterday, it wasn't the cut files, but the way I embellished and assembled them - duh!. With that in mind, I inked the edges of all the pieces, off-set the shadows a bit so they would show, used my nibs to add extra ink after the die cuts were assembled, popped up the ladybug and was so pleased with the way the card finally turned out. I added extra sparkle to the black dots and antenna on the bug and the center of the flower. The flower was actually cut three times - once for the shadow, once in dark pink and once in lighter pink, all the petals were off-set a touch. The leaves were only cut once, inked, glued and then the centers were inked. Next time I will pull out my dry embossing tools and see if I can add more dimension that way.
If you have not visited Too Cute by Jessica, please do, her files are really cute.
Ink: Adirondack Lights Cloudy Blue - Clouds; Memento Cottage Ivy - Leaves & Grass, Rhubarb Stalk - red on ladybug; Colorbox Frost White - black on ladybug; PTI Hibiscus Burst - Flower
SVG file: Too Cute by Jessica - Silly Little Ladybugs
Dies: PTI In the Meadow & Clouds
Wink of Stella black and white
Stamps: PTI Blooming Button Bits
Paper was from my stash