Monday, July 14, 2014

Time rolls by...

As I type, both girls are in my craft room.  Sadie is in the window, Sassy is on the floor below the window.  We rarely have scuffles anymore.  They still pretty much ignore each other except for a chase now and then.  Sadie has developed the habit of laying in my craft room door and as I leave she races for the bedroom like her tail is on fire.  She's trained me to follow her so we can play with the piece of rope Carl brought to the bedroom.  She won't play with the same kind of rope in the family room, but she loves it in the bedroom.  I suspect she thinks that's her room and she's safe there.  She's more playful all the time - but only in that one room.  Sadie also has learned to love brushing so one of us does that for her every day now.  We get copious amounts of fur from her.  I wish she would be so docile about nails, but that's still a work in progress.  Sassy loves to climb on my craft room chair any time I leave.  You can see in her eyes that she thinks my exasperation with her is great fun.  If I remove her from the chair to the window seat, she promptly walked over to my desk and lays down there so I can't work.

Sassy is coming up on her second year anniversary with us.  Sadie will be here two years in late April.  They are stubborn creatures.  They refuse to become friendly and we can only hope that time will change that.  Both cats are due for shots in August (not looking forward to shoving Sadie in the cat carrier).

As to the potty problems.  We've only had two accidents since the first part of April.  We don't even look anymore which is a pretty good sign since that was something we did every morning and every time we left the house.  All in all, I'm pleased with the progress but wish it were faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment