Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bluebirds are seven days old

A girl is never well dressed without wonderful shoes...and these are spectacular. I colored them with copics, covered them with Spica mint and then Diamond Glaze. They sparkle and shine in the sunlight. A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes. I have so many favorite Magnolia images and this is one of them.

Paper: Stash, Stamps: Magnolia, The Paper Co. Studio; Spica: Pink, Mint; Smooch: Pearl; Kaiser Pearls; Martha Stewart Ribbon; Spellbinder Tag; Copics: [Skin E11, E00, E000, R20][Dress YG63, G82, G40][Rose YG05, R21, R22][Shoes G82, YG63, Spica Mint, Diamond Glaze][Hair YR23, YR31, Y21]

It finally stopped raining enough for me to take new pictures of the babies, now seven days old. They have a spattering of feathers and in the sunlight you can even see blue in them. They're still very tiny and mom and dad are feeding furiously. I have placed the meal worms in a dish by their favorite branch but they have ignored them so far. Last year I had a pair of bluebirds that wouldn't touch the meal worms, I wonder if this is the same pair, it's the same box that the pair last year nested in. Several years ago I had a pair of bluebirds that were crazy for the meal worms. Tomorrow I'll post a picture of them. Hope you are enjoying watching my babies grow up. They could be fledging in another week - they grow up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment