Friday, June 18, 2010

Time for some sillyness

You can tell I really feel better when I start doing the absurd. As you may have seen on some forums, Cricut is selling some cartridges exclusively at Walmart, supposedly due in July. I have seen images from all the cartridges and only two caught my eye - Botannicals and Splish Splash. I have an extensive collection of "sea" stuff - mermaids, ocean creatures, pirates, etc. The images are flourished fish, dolphins, seahorses, and this little beauty. You find friendship in the strangest places, eh? The octopus has been texurized with a Cuttlebug folder - it really adds a pop to the card - so was the anchor. And Tilda, being the kind sweetie she is, loves everyone - a little diversity is good for the soul.

Paper: Making Memories Travel; Stamps: Magnolia Jolly Roger Tilda, Kimmie Stamps Sentiment; Cricut Splish Splash Cartridge; Cuttlebug Folder, Kaiser Pearls; Copics: [Skin R20, E00, E000][Hair E33, E31, E30][Clothes B93, B97, B95][Boots N8, N5][Map E43][Hat N3, N5, N1][Flag N3, E57] Spica: Clear

On a personal note, during my bout with kidney stones I was so sick to my stomach most of the time that I couldn't eat. After 3 weeks, I'd lost eleven pounds. It's been seven weeks and my eating habits have changed. I no longer eat "everything on my plate", I get full much faster than I used to, I snack during the day (fruit mostly) and find I don't have to eat a meal for supper. Sometimes just a salad and some fruit. Consequently, I find T-shirts that used to bunch at my hips now fall smoothly their entire length (this means you can actually read the back of the T-shirt now - lol). I haven't weighed myself lately but plan to do that at the doctor's office on Tuesday. I had my last x-ray on Monday and will find out if I have more stones to pass or if I'm 'good to go'. I don't recommend kidney stones as a weight loss program, but if there was a silver lining, this is it.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love what you have accomplished with your cricut and Magnolia stamps, must say i have never bonded with my cricut. Good on you
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Cindy!! I may just have to get one of these cartridges!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love the pirate and the octopus. They go together perfectly. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the occie - really cute (can you have cute octopuss)

    and well done on the weight loss - I live in hope

    ReplyDelete