Friday, July 30, 2010

Dance, Dance, Dance

Cuttlebug Challenge 94 is to create a card with music, dance and energy. I grew up in the 50s and 60s where the jukebox reigned supreme everywhere. Diners would have them in every booth and after getting off work at Steak & Shake where I worked during high school, we would head for the local diner and listen to the Turtles. I had a friend named Steve who would push his dad's car out of the garage (so no one could hear it) and then start it. He ended up at Mexico Military Academy in Mexico, Missouri, instead of jail. He made a career out of the military so I guess you could say that car theft is a good thing. Sorta. I miss those days when getting to work on time and decent grades were the only problems in my life. And I miss chili 3 ways so I think a trip to Steak & Shake is in order soon.

Paper: DCWV Linen Closet; Stamps: Magnolia Ballerina Tilda; Pink Cat Studio; Inkadinkado Ticket & Sentiment; Tim Holtz Embossing Folder "Bricked"; Spellbinder Labels 9; Distress Ink Broken China; Spica: Clear, Baby Blue; Martha Stewart Ribbon; Stickles: Mermaid, Arctic Ice, Turquoise; Diamond Glaze; Copics: [skin R20, E00, E000][Hair Y23, Y21, YR31][Clothes G0000, G00, G000][Jukebox T2, BG72, BG18, E0000

5 comments:

  1. I just love it when a challenge brings a trip down memory lane! I love your Tilda, and your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for being part of Cuttlebug Challenge this week! I can hear "Dancing Queen" in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy Your card is soo`beautiful`
    Thanks for joining the cuttlebug Challenges

    terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cute!!! I love it! Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmm, Steak & Shake! I haven't been there in years....

    love your dancing Tilda. She is beautifully colored and your card is truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wall texture! Thanks for joining the cuttlebug challenge!

    ReplyDelete