Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pretty ribbons of blue....with Blog Candy

My good friend Wini has lots of Blog Candy today - with a Cricut Blog Hop. Check it out....

The current challenge on Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central was to use ribbon on your project. Let me tell you about ribbon. I have a gazillion rolls of ribbon. My daughter works at a local craft store and has a nice discount. When this store puts holiday ribbon on sale, she gets a discount on top of the sale price. Over the years I've built up such a supply of ribbon that I have trouble storing it. The more ribbon that gets 'hidden' away, the less it gets used, the less it gets used, the more I add to the collection. Have you ever seen "Catch 22?" If you cruise my blog, you'll see I rarely use it. That's because I usually can't find it when the mood strikes. Well, I'm on to a new method of keeping track of my ribbon and have used it a lot more in recent weeks. I'll tell you about that in a future post when I have all my pictures ready to go and all my ribbon converted from the old system to the new. Now, on to the card: I'm going to run out of this paper soon. It sat in my stash for a year before I used it the first time, now I find it's the first paper I reach for. It's bright and cheerful, sure to make anyone who receives it smile and it goes with everything. I covered Tilda's peony with a Prima rose.

Paper: Making Memories Cheeky Collection; Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Peony; Spellbinder Labels 10, Prima Fairy Tale Rose French White; Copics: [outline B95][skin R20, E00, E000][Clothes E50, E51][Stem G24][Hair Y21, YR31, YR23][Shoes E43, E44]

Things I wonder about
: Why do the police on all the TV cop shows yell, "Police, stop", when they are still two blocks from the suspect? Don't they watch cop shows? Don't they realize what's going to happen? Do they think: just this once, maybe the suspect will stop and put their hands out to be cuffed?

No comments:

Post a Comment