Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Retirement, Frieda

Saturday we attended a retirement lunch for a good friend. She's finally pulling the plug and electing to sleep late on weekdays. We wish her and her husband Ron the very best. I made her a card to commemorate the occasion. Using Sizzix Pro die Bag, Purse #2, I created this purse in the same colors as the card. I used Microsoft Word to type her name in a font I liked and printed it on a sheet of text weight paper. Then, I added repositionable tape to my tag. Using an old engineer's trick, I held the paper up to a bright light and taped the tag over the printed word. The tricky part is putting the paper back into the printer in the correct orientation. I suggest you try this in advance without your tag. Printers are front loading and back loading. You will need to learn how to put your paper back into the printer and have it print on top of your original words. After you've figured out how your paper needs to be reinserted, do that with the tag taped over your original word and hit print. Works like a charm. Of course, you can print your word on good cardstock and stamp your tag over it. But, your computer has access to a lot more fonts than your stamps do.

This purse is almost 5.5" high and 6.5" wide at the narrowest. You could add a whole set of cards or just one as I did.

This card is a normal 5.5 x 4.25 inch card. The only difference between this one and a normal easel card is an extra scoring to make room for the Post-It pad and adjusting the cover panel so it covers the whole card when the card is closed. I will do a tutorial on it soon.
I attached a Micro Sharpie on the inside with velcro and added a Wild Orchid rose with some black leaves punched with a Martha Stewart punch.

This is the card closed. I've tied a bow around the cover and added a Black Lace Rhinestone Charm. The sentiment is mine. The paper is DCWV Dots, Strips & Plaids. I used Spellbinder's Labels 4 for the tag and a Waltzing Mouse stamp. Frieda is a classy wench and I believe this set is sophisticated even for her. This would also be cute with a calendar in place of the Post-It pad.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Cindy!!! Love the purse idea...love the paper you chose for this...love the sentiment! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete