Thursday, December 30, 2010

Organization - digital images, my way

I'm getting quite a collection of digital images. When I first started collecting them, I put them all into their own folders. Make It Crafty had a folder, Mo Manning had a folder, well, you get the idea. And then one day I needed an image with a balloon...there I was - stuck with 20 folders and looking through each one. Eventually, I found a Dustin Pike image that worked. I had wasted too much time trying to find the right image so I went to each folder and renamed every image with the name of the creator. So, butterfly-swing-angle-part2.png became Make It Crafty_butterfly-swing-angle-part2.png. This might seem to be a labor intensive project but after you've renamed the first one, copy the added text (i.e, "make it crafty"), right click on the file name, click on rename, your file name will become highlighted, place your cursor at the beginning of the file name (make sure the name is no longer highlighted) and hit ctrl+v. This will actually go quite quickly. Once you have all of your current digital images renamed, move them from their individual files to a large one containing all of your digital images. You can scroll through them and still know where you got them so you can give credit to the proper person. Now it only takes me minutes to find an image, not an hour and as I buy or collect new images, I rename them immediately.

This card is for the Duchess of Gilli - she knows who she is. My loyal Duchess, this is your queen:


This image is from the new winter kit which isn't named yet. Paper: DCWV Once Upon a Time, Stash; Stamps: Magnolia 'So Special Collection 2011'; Stickles Gold; Copics: [Skin E00, E000, E01, R20][Hair E19, E09, E07][Clothes B99, B97, B95][Outline N0] Charm: Make It Crafty; Ribbon: Stash.

7 comments:

  1. This card is sooooo cute... I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy! This is just so REGAL....and ROYAL! Beautiful job Cindy!!! Love those crowns too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tilda is colored beautifully! I just love the deep blues. Great tip also on how you name your digi folders! Found you through the Feline Playful event and am now a follower also ; )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Dana, I'm going through the Feline Playful blog list... This card is just perfect. The colors and embellishments go wonderfully together. Your other projects are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just as regal as you are my queen! Honestly I think your heart has a crown too!
    Gorgeous gorgeous card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Smooches
    Your loyal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All Hail the Queen!

    ReplyDelete