Thursday, December 23, 2010

SSCC #13 - Anything Goes

I love 'Anything Goes' challenges. Only two days until Christmas, hope you have all your shopping, baking, and cards finished, wrapped, mailed. I finished last week. I ordered early on-line and let UPS do the work. I avoided the weather, the crowds and the traffic and got everything I was looking for. I had trouble getting ideas for everyone this year so I solved that problem by handing everyone a pre-signed "Dear Santa, this is what I want for Christmas" list at Thanksgiving. As soon as I got all the filled-out lists back, (and the mess was cleaned up), I headed for the computer. An hour later, I was done shopping with the exception of one last minute gift and stocking stuffers. So, hint for next year - let your fingers do the shopping.

This card was requested by my BFF for a relative. Early this year she gave me her birthday card list with names, hair color, hobbies and let me use my imagination to make the cards. I'm finished for the year and this is one of the last cards that I did for her. I like it so much, I plan to duplicate it sometime in the future. The background is from Local King Rubber Stamps in Canada. I inked it up with VersaMark and embossed it with Zing Gold Embossing Powder (this is wonderful stuff). I have several Local Rubber background stamps which offer some unusual backgrounds. I just ordered their crocodile skin background and can't wait to get it, I'm not even sure what I'm going to use it on, but I'm thinking Aussie Tilda. It will make a great man card, too.


Paper: Stardream Metallic Antique Gold, Anna Griffin Christmas Scrapbook Cardstock; Stamp: Local King Rubber Stamp Noteworthy, Magnolia Singing Tilda; Smooch Illuminate; Liquid Pearls White Opal; Copics: [Skin E00, E01, E000, R20][Hair E35, E34, E31][Microphone T6, T3][Dress, Shoes E51, E50, E53] Zing Gold Embossing Powder.

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable. Love the layout of this and love those pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww.. this card is adorable C2..
    never colored a Singing Tilda before but it makes me to feel like now..
    Hugs & Kisses
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS ONE OF THE PRETTIEST CARDS I HAVE SEEN. THE COLORS AND COLORING ARE AWESOME..

    TFS
    HUGS
    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete