Friday, December 17, 2010

SSCC #12 - Winter Wonderland

I thought this beautiful paper from My Mind's Eye was much too pretty to cut into small pieces, so I decided to make a box to showcase all the pretty snowflakes. I recently became the proud owner of a Sizzix Big Shot Pro and this is the Box, Tall w/Scallop Flap #656600. Depending on how quickly you decorate, this box takes no time to make. You only need one strip of tape to fasten it. The box measures 6 1/2" high x 3 1/8" wide x 2 1/4" deep and will hold a whole bunch of candy or a pair of socks or a cell phone or a ton of other good things. It looks fab sitting under the Christmas tree, too. I would offer one piece of advice: if you use a lightweight cardstock to cut this die, remove the shim, otherwise the creases will cut. I think it will do very well with a shim if you use heavy weight cardstock. Another hint: you can fasten the top of the box permanently and decorate the devil out of it. It can be opened from the bottom to fill.


Paper: My Mind's Eye Signature Christmas; Stamps: Magnolia Christmas Angel, Stampin Up; Stickles Gold; Smooch Illuminate; Copics: [skin E00, E000, R20][Hair Y000, Y00, Y02][Robe B0000, B000, B00] [Wings B0000] The angel was popped up using foam. The gold trumpet is from my stash.

1 comment: