Monday, March 21, 2011

I just don't understand...

how Mr. Madu Alihadji from BURKINA-FASO, WEST AFRICA knows that I am so trustworthy he can put $11,300,000 in my bank account and know without a doubt I won't steal it. I have never been to Burkina-Faso, West Africa nor do I know anyone there. I don't understand where "Judith" found the sexy on-line profile of me that made her so excited to contact me for mutual romantic friendship. I don't understand why people I've never met want to sell me drugs to make parts of a body that I don't even have 'more ready for love'. Everyday I'm bombarded with offers and requests that usually have to do with money or love. Let me be very clear about this: if it costs me $187.00 for you to transfer millions to my account, I couldn't afford it. I'm happily married and am not interested in you romantically. I don't have the kind of equipment your drugs work on. I know this won't stop you and I even get a giggle out of some of the requests. Now that I have that off my chest, let me introduce you to two of my favorite things: digital images and Magnolia stamps. The entire background of this card was created in MemoryMixer using Fly Pixel files and then saved as a .jpg. The .jpg was imported into Word and printed out as a 4" x 5.25" picture. This particular set was called 'Togetherness'. I used the background paper, flowers and the circle. Maggie was stamped, colored, cut out, popped up and placed sitting on the circle. The sentiment was Stampin' Up. The background was layered on red cardstock and then placed on a Kraft card. For a printed background, I think it looks pretty good. Even if you don't scrapbook, there are some really nice digital paper and embellishment sets on the market for low prices and they are soooooooooooo easy to store.


Paper: Fly Pixel Studio; Stamps: Magnolia Tilda w/Big Ribbon, Stampin' Up; Copics: [Skin E000, E00, E11, R20][Clothes E30, E31, E33, E34, E35, E41][Bow R37, R35] Spica: Gold, Red, Sand

7 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweetie she is! Great job Cindy and I get bombarded with that also so frustrating! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy- your cards are adorable! So wonderful! I can't tell wich one I like the most! So I am now a follower of your blog!
    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! The surrounding of my little girl is a stamp from the "TIny Tags" of SU. I accentuated it with a kind of Sparkles- Glitterglue of Rayher. But I like the way you did your stamp in this pure and plane style as well.

    Best wishes - have a wonderful week
    ILo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Cindy!!! I have to be honest and tell you that I have no idea how you made the lovely background on your computer. Sounds like Greek to me. But it sure looks terrific. I love the way you colored Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! Thanks for making me laugh...love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. I am selling my daughter's wedding dress online and it is amazing just how many people from out of the country are trying to surprise their niece/foster daughter/sister with a dress sight unseen....just send to them and they will more than compensate me for my trouble - I think not!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally made my night lol!!! Don't you just hate those emails lol!

    Your card is utterly cute and nicely colored.I just love this maggie,RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete