Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A breakthrough....

Sunday night I caught Sassy scratching and sniffing around the living room.  I asked her several times if she had to go potty, she inspected one of the living room litter boxes and ran into the dining room.  I just had a feeling so I scooped her up, took her to the laundry room, put up the gate and told her to go potty.  This was about 7:00 pm Sunday.  I told Carl to check before he went to bed and if she had used the laundry room litter box to let her out - she did and he did. 

Last night I watched the clock.  About 7:00pm, I grabbed her and took her to the laundry room and closed the gate.  At 7:20 I heard her yowl, not a meow, but a full-blown "come here" and when I did, she had used the litter box so I let her out.  I spent some time loving on her and telling her what a good girl she was.  And while she pooped, she did not pee - at least not where we can find it.  So, either she didn't go or she went somewhere and we don't know where.  But...while I hate to hope, I will grab her tonight about 7:00 and lock her in the laundry room.  We'll see how fast she catches on.

On the other front, Sadie becomes more manic everyday.  She's running and jumping, in the windows and out of the windows.  She let me brush her a bit this morning but she will not allow me to tackle those knots on her back.  I'll keep plugging away at those.  Luckily Sassy loves to be brushed so we don't have that problem with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment