Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11, 2012...

We spent Friday just lazing in Bozeman, Montana.  We made another Walmart stop to stock up on the Barefoot Pinot Grigio.  I bought five bottles to take home and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it at Friar Tuck's, our local wine shop, but if not, I'll drink it very slowly.  After a visit to Michaels where I picked up a great selection of 6x6 My Mind's Eye paper and the local photography shop, we stopped at K-Mart to pick up some small tubs for the backseat to pack souvenirs in, especially the wine.  The tubs are about eight inches tall and 20 inches long.  We put them on the back seat and stacked the snack bag and my laptop on them.  They don't take up much room and they'll keep things from getting smashed.  Marcia gifted me with three more dish towels that she wove herself, I am a huge fan of her weaving and treasure each of the dish towels she has given me.  As we drove out of their subdivision last night,  I took this picture.
At six a.m. this morning, we left Bozeman heading for Yakima, Washington.
This is Western Montana which looks like Wyoming.
Starting over the mountains into Idaho.
Idaho.
The Columbia River in Washington.  In the Eastern portion of Washington they grow crops that they identify by placing large signs on the fences next to the highway.  We saw sweet corn, potatoes and timothy growing.  The Yakima Valley is known for their fruit and I can't wait to stop at a fruit stand and pick up some ripe cherries and peaches.
Almost to Yakima.




So, if you're ever in Yakima, Washington, consider staying at the Ledgestone Hotel.  The rooms are really suites, we have four distinct areas: large bath, bedroom with two queen beds, living room with a couch and two easy chairs and a kitchen area with all the amenities (including wine glasses) and a table.  The water is soft, the beds are wonderful, the fixtures are modern and beautiful, for a decent price, and the towels are huge and fluffy.  A solid A.

EDITED TO ADD:  The hotel toiletries are wonderful, orange scented shampoo, conditioner, skin cleanser, body wash and hand soap.  Yum!  There is a make up mirror with a magnified side, an iron and ironing board.  On the down side, there are no racks to put your suitcase on.  Bob's Burgers and Brew is a short walk away and the burgers are fabulous as was the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment