Sunday, February 21, 2010

In your Easter bonnet...

It's about that time again. Paas is gearing up their plant to produce lots of that cool color we mix with vinegar to color eggs with. Some people are pulling out the wax to color eggs the Ukrainian way (I much admire people who do this). My next door neighbor hosted an egg hunt every year for the neighborhood children until our park was finished. I can remember as a child getting a frilly new dress to wear to church on Easter Sunday with my grandmother. My parents weren't much for church and as I grew older, I grew away from organized religion. But I'll always remember the feel of the new dress and the crinoline under it, and the way the fabric rustled when I moved

8 comments:

  1. Oh my she fits right into the Eater parade!!!
    Great bright colors!!!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this card makes my day start with a laugh. Great card.

    Have a GREAT DAY!!!

    Bob L.

    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Card...I needed a good laugh; since I have been sick all weekend! You did an awesome job coloring! Great Image! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! My mom always wore big hats and made us as well. She has passed now, but I will always remember her love of hats. Thanks for sharing your talents. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card!!!! Amazing coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so very cute...love the sentiment and your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete