Thursday, February 11, 2010

On women & instructions

Movie day this week was delayed a day so I didn't infect my friend, Ruthann. A baker with a bad cold is a health risk and she had orders. So, we delayed a day and I stayed away from her yesterday, hopefully she survived and took no germs home with her. I, on the other hand, am still feeling poorly, unable to breathe, unable to sleep and unable to create. Last night I took Nyquil and slept for 12 hours. My sweet husband tiptoed around the bedroom getting dressed and trying to sneak out without waking me. It didn’t work, but he gets an A for effort.

So…to movie day. Since she had orders, we only did one film this week – Gladiators with Russell Crowe. It’s a good thing we didn’t see it in a theatre, we might have been ejected. That’s the glory of movie day at my house – you can root for the good guys and boo the bad guys, I do draw the line at throwing popcorn at the screen. Joaquin Phoenix was so good in that movie that I am unable to watch him in any other work without being angry at him. He actually makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up whenever I see him. Some people might think of Gladiator as a violent movie, I always think of it as one of the great love stories. Lunch was Cincinnati Chili, provided by Ruthann. It was wonderful and filling – so filling she didn’t partake of my flaky cake. I should never bake for a baker. My cake actually crumbled when icing it, so the icing was all full of cake crumbs. So, I covered it with coconut to hide it. It was still lopsided, but it hasn’t bothered my husband who didn’t have a problem eating it. I just won’t bake again for Ruthann. My Cherry Almond Jubilee was a much bigger hit and Sara Lee did all the baking – so if it wasn't good, blame her.



This is another Art Impressions stamp – Standing Lovelle. There are three or four different designs of Lovelle, this one gives advice. The background paper is actually from an old wallpaper book. The tag is Spellbinders, Copics used were: E00, R83, E09, E07, B95, B93; the glasses were done in Spica Baby Blue and the earrings and purse closure were done in Spica gold. I am slowly working my way through my stash of Art Impressions stamps. But I plan to throw in a Maggie here and there while I do. Comments are encouraged, they help me grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment