Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy New Year

Having finished my Christmas cards for 2009 (don't hate me because I'm anally early), I thought I would try my hand at some New Year Cards. This delightful image from Mo Manning is a perfect New Year's image. For the Chinese, a cricket singing in the home is a sign of good luck and potential wealth. The more crickets that invade a family's residence, the wealthier that family will become. So cherished are these insect songsters that they are often housed in beautiful cages made from bamboo, and displayed in the home.



The paper is from a package of oriental paper I have been "saving" for years. The image, of course, is from Mo Manning (can't you just tell?), the flourish is a Sizzix Sizzlits die, Scribbles Swirls, the flowers are from a tiny punch I've had for years; the center of the flowers is pink Stickles and the rhinestones are from a package of cell phone decorations I picked up at Big Lots. The image was colored with copic markers: E00, E11, R20, BV29, YG67, RV34, RV91, RV95. The cage and some smaller areas were colored with Prismacolor pencils. I hope I've done Mo proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment