Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just add love

First, I would like to thank everyone who has left a comment or e-mailed me. This could become addictive; I’ve made lots of new friends and discovered I enjoy writing very much. Combined with card making, life is really good. So, thanks to you and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Have you ever had a moment when you realized you’d just met someone who would become very important in your life? Well, I had that epiphany (and I’ve had several of those throughout my life) when I discovered a vendor in Michigan. We just clicked AND we share frogs in common. So, I pulled out my frog stamps, clipart and die-cuts to make her Christmas card (which I understand she has already received). I decided on this digital image from Dustin Pike not knowing when I made it, how appropriate it would be for her this season. The little frog in this snow globe is clearly distressed to be trapped and is trying to get out. I think she feels a little that way this year, too. I made this card long ago and never planned to make it again, so I didn’t keep track of materials. I do know the background paper is from Big Lots (bought a pack for $2.00 and have been using it forever). Since the image was printed, I assembled the shaker card and then trimmed it down, it was easier to layer that way. It’s filled with iridescent glitter and the background inside the globe is stickled with Silver and Rock Candy.

1 comment:

  1. I am the Michigan store owner and I was elated to receive this beautiful care!
    It is so me this year and I will treasure this
    card always! THANKS CINDY you are my dear friend
    and I adore you!

    ReplyDelete