Monday, December 7, 2009

If you only have one phone call...

I’ve now started on gifts for people outside my immediate family. Our family has decided to have Christmas in January. Everyone is working too many hours, children have so many families to visit. We’ve always believed that Christmas is in the heart, not tied to a date so I would rather wait until my entire family can sit down to dinner together. Since my shopping list is finished, I’ve moved on to other people who are dear to me. My hairdresser would be one. I’m reminded of an episode of Designing Women when they were all thrown in jail and Suzanne used her one phone call to cancel an appointment with her hairdresser. She was dumfounded when she was berated by the other women, surely everyone knows your hairdresser is WAY more important than any old lawyer. This box was created using the Sizzix Bigz Die: Box, Carry All #656279. It works up quickly, holds a significant amount, is easy and elegant to decorate and can be purchased from Cindy. It does take most of 12x12 sheet of paper to create. This paper is from the Anna Griffin Christmas Scrapbook Cardstock Pack filled with luscious double-sided paper. The dove was cut from AC Specialty Paper Foil (Sizzix Sizzlet #656286 - Season's Greetings Set), the wing was cuttlebugged and pop dotted; the ribbon was purchased at Michael’s (I bought so much three years ago that I will have it forever). I filled it with peppermints, Werther's Originals and a piece of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment