Saturday, December 26, 2009

I forgot my formal wear...

My husband and I are traveling in Southern Florida. We had Christmas dinner on Sanibel Island at a lovely restaurant called Traditions. They had a buffet that was to die for. Marinated mushrooms, cucumber and Waldorf salads, fresh fruit, salmon, HUGE steamed shrimp, prime rib, lamb, turkey, potatoes, and two vegetables. The dessert table had chocolate cake, pumpkin pie, peach pie, apple and cherry pie, mousse, and five different cheesecakes. It was a tremendous amount of food and it was hard to know when to stop eating because it was all so good. Of course, being tourists, I wore my “good” capris, you know, the one with the jacket to match. Carl was in his good jeans (only one tiny hole) and a decent polo shirt. Everywhere I looked, there were long dresses, sparkles, jewelry, beauty shop hair and suit coats. Obviously this buffet is a big deal at the Island Inn. Who knew? We don’t have dinner clothes – you don’t need them at Cracker Barrel. We aren’t dress up kind of people.

2 comments:

  1. Your post came in my Google Sanibel Alerts, that's why I dropped by. :-)

    Your post got my attention because, I'm guessing that most of the glitz and glitter dressing came from visitors to the island or snowbirds here. For me, the whole purpose of living here is to relax and enjoy a laid back and easy kind of lifestyle. I'm thinking that doesn't include dressing up any more than wearing my better capris and top. Even though the food is excellent at the place you mentioned, I avoid going there and to a very few, other places where you see people more dressed up. There are so many restaurants where simple and casual dress is all you will see. It's great that you didn't let any of that stop you from doing what you wanted to do, and enjoyed a great meal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, this card is such a cutieee!!
    I`ve never seen anyone making a card with those stamps and always wondered what it could be done!
    I`m glad I stop by today!!!!
    Hugs & Kisses
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete