Friday, May 10, 2013

Bath time...

While I think the Chillicothe Vet could use some employees with training, the groomers there seem to know what they are doing.  Sadie was groggy but beautiful when she finally got home.  When I dropped her off at 7:30 on Thursday morning the last thing I said when I walked out the door was "You'll call me when she's done, right?"  And they assured me they would.  So, Thursday night about 4:30 my husband finally called to see when we could pick her up (they close at 5:00 pm) and we were told, "Oh, she's done, you can pick her up anytime."  So nice of you to call...  And this is why we don't take our animals there for vet care.

Sadie was a very unhappy camper, growling in her carrier while I tried to apologize to her.  But she smells so very good and her fur is soft and shiny (what's left of it).  I did give the groomer permission to shave her if that seemed best.  After we let her out of the carrier she walked like a drunken sailor but ate like a horse.  Due to possible sedation, we couldn't feed her after 8:00 pm on Wednesday so she was starved; she actually ate almost a whole can of 9 Lives and then crawled under the bed in our room to sleep it off.  Sometime in the middle of the night she was up on our bed, she woke us up rubbing and walking on us (so maybe we're forgiven).  She ate another healthy portion of cat food this morning but remains under the bed.  Another traumatic event for her.  Sassy has been up to see her several times but Sadie won't come out.  I'm going to leave Sadie alone for a while before I attempt to get them to play together.

It will be easy to keep up Sadie's fur now assuming she will let me brush her.  I try to grab Sassy every day for a touch up and make sure that tiny knots don't turn into big ones.  Hopefully, I will get Sadie used to that also.  So, all remains calm as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment