Thursday, May 2, 2013

Classy litter box...

I have had a project "on the drawing board" since we started the first bathroom remodel.  I finally finished it today.  I planned to place a garden in our laundry room bathroom around Sassy's litter box.  I used matte black vinyl and this is what it looks like now.


This room is painted a goldy yellow (my term), very bright and just a lovely color.  This was quite the learning experience.  First, I had to learn how to cut something this intricate out of vinyl and then I learned you need to keep a firm hold on your transfer tape before it sticks everywhere with a million wrinkles and must be pulled from the vinyl with tweezers so it could be smoothed out.  New rule:  just unroll a few inches, place it down, smooth it out and unroll another few inches.  What a nightmare.  But I so love the result.  And I may even add another Queen Anne's Lace above the register to fill out the corner.  Perhaps a silhouette of a black cat might be nice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment