Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Scandal, controversy, outrage....

The news was just full of it this morning.  Were they talking about politicians fighting in Washington, was the President sleeping with another woman, was Hugh Grant caught in an automobile with a prostitute again?  No, Beyonce MIGHT have lip-synced The Star Spangled Banner.  I suggest we just give the Marine Corps band a long time-out.  They broke the story which they now repudiate.  Maybe she did, maybe she didn't, we don't know.  Aren't there more important things going on it the world?  For crying out loud, Kim Kardashian is pregnant and we're focusing on Beyonce?  Sheeesh, let's just get over it, ok?

I'm still on a Monica Bjork kick.  My Cameo is getting an amazing workout and next on the agenda is my Chomas pens and creating my own backgrounds.   They're in a drawer and have been since I purchased them.  My next project will be designing a card in MTC - the frame, the embellishments and the sentiment and then cutting and drawing it.  Stay tuned for that.

This card was the Laced Frame 17 paired with Penny Black's Petal Party and Memento Peanut Brittle.  I sponged the frame, attached it to the card base, stamped the flowers, ran Spica Clear down the dotted lines, touched the center with Stickles Star Dust (thanks Suzanne Dean) and some Glossy Accents.  A few tiny Recollections pearls added just the right touch, the sentiment is from PTI's Vol. 1, No. 1 and Bob's your uncle.  The card stock is some I've had in my pile for ten or more years so I have no idea where it came from but I'm glad I kept it all these years.


For those of you who were following our journey with Sassy, here is the updated information - bluebirdflats.blogspot.com

1 comment: