Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday, January 24, Day 7

There have been personality changes in Sassy since we started giving her the Prozac again.  She's excessively vocal.  You can't touch her without her meowing and if you pick her up, she actually howls.  This morning she had had a bowel movement that looked odd, part of it was very dry looking.  She didn't have a bowel movement yesterday but that's been a pattern.  She goes several days in a row and then nothing for a day or two and then she poops again.

I cleaned the litter box, gave her the Prozac, and fed her.  She ate while we read the paper, drank coffee and watched the news, during which she urinated in the litter box.  When we left the family room I took her with me to my craft room and when I set her on her platform and got a whiff of her, I realized she had a mess on her butt.  Off to the kitchen and a bigger than normal struggle; she seemed frantic to get away but I held her while Carl cleaned her.  I toweled her off and put her back in the laundry room to groom, it's the warmest room in the house.

After an hour or so, I went down to check on her and since she was partly dry, brought her back up to my craft room along with her brush.  I set her on her platform and tried to brush her; she growled at me and actually hissed.  She's never done that before.  Meow, yes, growl, no, hiss, never.  I've had cats all my life and that was a "I'm seriously angry, leave me alone" growl.  She's currently hiding in my craft room closet and that's ok.  It's been a stressful morning for her.  I'll only interrupt her to add a half teaspoon of Vaseline to a paw to counter act all the fur I know she'll ingest while grooming.  She must have given up on the hairball tablets, it looks like she hasn't touched the last two and that's a shame because it looked like they were working.

On an unrelated note, it's been amazingly cold here lately.  Our furnace runs non-stop and the humidifier can't keep up.  She's got static electricity in her fur and maybe petting her hurts.  I'm going to ask our contractor about a whole house humidifier the next time we talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment