Thursday, January 16, 2014

Popup Card Studio

The creator of Make the Cut has just launched a new piece of software designed to be used with our electronic cutters.  It's called Popup Card Studio and it's amazing.  I purchased it on Saturday, January 11th.  There is a learning curve but with tutorials from Susan BlueRobot, one webinar, several pdf documents you can print and a yahoo group with experts to answer questions, I have designed my first pop up card.  I took the coffee cup svg into Inkscape and created an outline of the cup, took the outline into PCS and created the popup portion of the card.  I imported the original purchased coffee cup and hello there svgs as well as the popup portion into MTC.  I sized the original purchased coffee cup svg to match the popup coffee cup and then cut everything out.  I crimped the sleeve portion of the coffee cup to more resemble a real one. 


"Hello There" and coffee cup were purchased svg files
Papertrey Latte Love
Spellbinder Grommet Tag
Martha Stewart Heart Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment