Friday, March 22, 2013

A little Elvis goes a long way.....

Hubs and I just got back from a quick trip to Memphis, TN to visit with some friends from Sao Paulo. We did all the touristy things including a day at Graceland.  I was very surprised at how small Graceland was.  I think our house is bigger, square footage-wise.  He had more property, though.  And every store and restaurant in town has an Elvis "slept, walked, bought, ate, kissed, swam, and breathed" here sign.  We ate some fabulous BBQ, walked Beale street, visited Sun Records and the Civil Rights Museum.  All in all, a terrific trip even if it was fast.  And to top it all, I stayed in the Heartbreak Hotel at the end of Lonely Street.

Since I've been playing around with my pastel pencils, I thought I'd create some postcards.  This one is 4 x 6 and costs 33 cents to mail.  I have this lovely Penny Black postcard stamp for the back and I can either use stamps or digis on the front.  Copics always bleed through but the pastel chalks don't and with practice, I'm getting better at using them.  I have a Krylon Matte Fixative that I spray to keep the chalk from rubbing off.  This postcard is off to Montana with my love.  I used a Sugar Nellie Honey Pip stamp and an unknown sentiment stamp.  A little yellow Stickles on the flowers and Bob's your uncle.


I hope spring is somewhere close to you, it sure hasn't made an appearance in Central Illinois yet.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post card Cindy, I like the adorable image
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete