Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tutu cute...

I have loved every image that Mo Manning has placed on her website.  Recently some of her images have been manufactured in clear stamps by Penny Black - this is one from the TuTu Sweet set.  I've been dabbling in a new coloring medium, well, new to me.  I have a small set of pastel chalk pencils that I'm enjoying coloring with.  So much so, in fact, that I purchased a larger set with more colors.  I find blending so much easier with chalks - and there is no bleed-through when I want a CAS card.  I use some Brushstixs to blend; they're easy to clean and I have one for each color group.  When I'm finished with coloring, I use Krylon spray fixative to keep the chalk from rubbing off.

I'm in the middle of a huge project, cataloging and stamping every stamp I have while sorting stamps I want to keep and those I want to donate.  I have three long 3x5 file boxes, each over 12" long and a gazillion dividers so I'm stamping some stamps several times.  I fill up a 3x5 card for each category and then add a new card.  I have an alphabetical index for stamps I don't have a bunch of like the word "Hope".  So far, I only have one stamp that just says "Hope" so I placed it behind the "H" tab.  I have a whole category for "Happy Birthday" because I have a lot of those.  Eventually, I will add techniques and ideas for cards to the boxes.  I love seeing the sentiments stamped out so I can compare size and font.  Some of the sets I have contain so many sentiments besides the images that I don't think to grab them when I'm looking for something in particular.  This way, I will be able to see those, also.  I created a small database with three fields - an identifying number, the manufacturer and where that set (or single stamp) is stored - each set gets a small address label with its own unique number on it.  Most of my sentiment-only stamp sets are located at my desk because I use them so often.  But sets with images like PaperTrey are in boxes not readily accessible.  My Flourishes stamps also contain wonderful sentiments I never use unless I happen to be using one of the sets for the images.    This project is going to take me ages to do but I think the results will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment