Sunday, February 3, 2013

A new hint for you....

I often have a problem with layers.  I can rarely add a layer to a card base and center it horizontally and vertically at the same time.  I've watched GinaK eyeball it on her videos but I've never been good at it.  So, I've developed two different ways of making my layers perfect.  My first tool is an "L" shaped clear quilting ruler.

As you can see, I lay the ruler down on my bottom layer and line up the markings on the ruler with the edge of my base according to how big a frame I want.  I then add adhesive to my top layer and lay it in the angle - a pefect frame.  Easy Peasy.



This is how I add a layer that covers an entire area.  I placed the kraft cardstock in the corner of my Scor Buddy, added adhesive to my top layer and placed it in the left corner covering the entire base layer.  Another Easy Peasy.  If you have any of the scoreboards on the market, you could do this.  The ruler is easily purchased at any store that sells quilting supplies and is relatively inexpensive.  My ruler is rather thin but thicker ones are available which would make layering even easier.

3 comments:

  1. Great tips! I have the exact same problem - sometimes it looks like I've been drinking when I try to put layers down!! Thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip!
    linda

    ReplyDelete