Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday, February 8, Day 22

8:51 a.m. - Sassy ran into my craft room and meowed very loudly twice.  We know from experience that when she cries like that we might have bathroom issues.  By the time I went to look for her, she was back in the family room on the hearth.  I called her into the laundry room where she promptly laid down in front of the dryer in her usual place.  I picked her up and gently placed her in the litter box; she hopped right out and laid back down.  I gave it a couple of minutes and gently set her back in the litter box and rubbed her ears keeping her there.  After a minute she started sniffing the litter and eventually scratched out a place (after turning around and around and around), squatted and pooped.  After I cleaned the litter box, I went out and loved on her for a bit and fed her some treats.  I'm still waiting for the vet to call back.

7:19 a.m. - Sassy hasn't had a bowel movement since Wednesday morning around 8:00 a.m.  She finally peed last night about 8:15 p.m. after I actually picked her up and placed her in the litter box.  I was worried enough to call the vet yesterday and am still waiting for a call back.  If I don't hear something before noon today I will call back.  Although she doesn't show distress in the litter box, she will turn and turn and turn before finding the perfect place to squat.  It doesn't look like distress, just indecision.  Here - no, there - no, here.  She was very active this morning playing with the ping pong ball and the red string.  She was even running from room to room.  I understand from reading that exercise can move the bowels so I chased her a bit.  She likes to play that game but when she plops down on the hearth she's finished.  I did take her into the laundry room and placed her in the litter box but she wasn't interested.  She ate a healthy breakfast consisting of Gravy Lover's Fancy Feast and she snacks on her dry food all day - I can tell because she pulls each piece out of her bowl, drops it on the ceramic floor, eats it and goes to get another one.  She leaves crumbs on the floor and that's how we know she's eating.  Something has to give soon or she'll explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment