Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday, February 16, Day 30

All is well with Sassy.  She's still intermittent about her bathroom habits but always goes in the litter box.  The vet didn't seem to be too excited about her going every other day since she's active, eating well and not showing any distress.  She's investigating more of the house; she's not staying so close to the family room.  In fact, since work started on the guest bathroom, she's been in it several times and it's on the top floor.  We've had to close it off so she doesn't get inside the studs.

This morning she actually came to the bedroom when I got up and last night when I woke up to blow my nose, she was laying on the floor next to my side of the bed.  That's a first since confinement.  We are still giving her the Prozac and she still hates it.  While I was sick, my husband gave it to her twice and you would have thought he was killing her; she was screeching and he was cursing.  She doesn't like it when I do it, but I don't usually have a big problem getting her to take it; she's used to me, I imagine.

Since we are taking a short vacation in the middle of March, we will have to see if we can board her so she gets her medicine on time.  Luckily we have a few more weeks before we have to worry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment