Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My computer is hosed.....

My computer started acting weirdly on Friday.  For two days I played with it, ran diagnostics and virus software and couldn't figure out what was wrong.  Monday we took it to RNS computers at Northpoint (testimonial: if you live in the Peoria area and need an awesome computer repairman, take it to Ron).  On Tuesday one of the technicians called to say the hard drive was hosed.  I just purchased this new Dell so I was pretty upset.  Jeff said since it was under warranty, they could ship it back to Dell for a replacement hard drive.  All my software is on this computer - Studio, CorelDraw, Elements, Microsoft Office, MTC, Design Studio, Outlook, iSkySoft.  Luckily, I learned from the last disaster and I keep all of my files on an external drive.  I just keep my software on my laptop.  And yesterday I received my new set of Staedtler .3mm pens which I was anxious to load into my Cameo and play.  So, since I'm sort of out of commission right now, I'm going to catalog my stamps into a book.  Most of my stamps are in photo boxes in categories.  Right now I am looking at "Sweet Pea / People" which contains all of my Sweet Pea stamps and an accumulation of stamps of people from different sources.  I am stamping each image on 8 1/2 x 11 paper to insert into a notebook.  This will give me an opportunity to sort the stamps.  I have a lovely set of clear fairy stamps.  This set contains one lovely butterfly and several star flourishes.  When I grab my 'insect' box containing butterflies, this little one would not be there.  I can stamp this butterfly on a sheet labeled butterflies and the next time I want a butterfly, I can check the sheet which will contain every butterfly I own, even those that are on sets that aren't in the butterfly box.  I hope that makes sense.  I have so many sentiment stamps included in sets that are stored in places other than the sentiment boxes.  I've already cleared three boxes of birds which contained floral elements, sentiments, and scenery.  I've discovered some stamps I could have used if I had known they existed.

It could be several weeks before my computer comes home and Mike starts work on the bathroom on Monday so I might take a break from actual card making and just catalog.


This card was created using my Cameo.  I created the overlay in MTC and cut it out.  I used Flourishes Hello Baby, Classic Tags, Tiny Flowers and Tags, Recollections Pearls, and DCWV Nana's Nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment