Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday, February 1 - Day 15

Whoo Hoo!  Last night we didn't lock  Sassy up in the laundry room.  I already have my footstool covered with a waterproof pad and and old blanket.  I placed a waterproof pad on my chair and piled an old afgan on top of it.  And then we went to bed.  Of course, I woke up at 4:15 a.m. with a sick feeling in my stomach.  Avoiding the family room, I made coffee and ventured out for the paper (did I tell you it's -20 wind chill here?) and I was just wearing my robe and nightgown.  I wouldn't want to be outside for more than a minute.

I fixed her breakfast and turned on the family room light.  No smell, no mess I could see.  And we have poop in the litter box.  We also had a big pee yesterday afternoon.  Still not ideal, we want to see more regularity, but I was jumping up and down inside.  Of course, one night doesn't prove much but I think it's her last night locked up unless she does something to spoil it.  After another week we will let her upstairs with supervision, so....another week of moving the plywood to get into the family room.  I think I strained a muscle yesterday moving it.  We will continue to keep her in the family room at night for a while.  We opened the door to the basement for her this morning.  The basement has two rooms, one the hubs uses for a photography studio.  It's loaded with backdrops and barn siding so it's easy for her to hide in there.  We've closed that room off and left the door to his work room open for the heat.  There's no place for her to hide in there and she doesn't much like going into the basement unless someone is with her - afraid of the dark perhaps?

Sassy are I are on our own for a few days.  Hubs is going to a photography seminar and doing some antiquing on the way to Davenport and on the way back.  I have a lunch date today with someone I used to work with - he would pick the coldest day so far this winter.  And I'll head to the grocery store to stock up on Honey Nut Cheerios and Dinty Moore Beef Stew.  I won't have to cook for three whole days....

No comments:

Post a Comment